Pinar del Rio, August 19 (RHC) -– The tobacco harvest in the western province of Pinar del Rio will conclude with an additional 3,400 tons over those collected in the previous campaign.
Pinar del Rio, a territory in the western end of the island, is world-renowned for the quality of its tobacco crops.
Officials of the sector asserted that despite the drought currently affecting Cuba, the 2014-2015 harvest marked the beginning of the recovery of the tobacco sector, with a new development plan for the expansion of crops and processing facilities until 2018.
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3400
- today: 3229
- online: 144
- total: 4930932