Pinar del Rio, August 19 (RHC) -– The tobacco harvest in the western province of Pinar del Rio will conclude with an additional 3,400 tons over those collected in the previous campaign.
Pinar del Rio, a territory in the western end of the island, is world-renowned for the quality of its tobacco crops.
Officials of the sector asserted that despite the drought currently affecting Cuba, the 2014-2015 harvest marked the beginning of the recovery of the tobacco sector, with a new development plan for the expansion of crops and processing facilities until 2018.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 3383
- online: 198
- total: 4099338