Pinar del Rio, August 19 (RHC) -– The tobacco harvest in the western province of Pinar del Rio will conclude with an additional 3,400 tons over those collected in the previous campaign.
Pinar del Rio, a territory in the western end of the island, is world-renowned for the quality of its tobacco crops.
Officials of the sector asserted that despite the drought currently affecting Cuba, the 2014-2015 harvest marked the beginning of the recovery of the tobacco sector, with a new development plan for the expansion of crops and processing facilities until 2018.
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The most persecuted people in the world
- Kenyan President visits Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3485
- today: 730
- online: 100
- total: 4463216