Havana, August 20 (RHC) -- Cuban President Raul Castro sent a recognition to Digna Guerra, head of the National Choir of Cuba, on the occasion of her 70th birthday on August 18th, local media reported today.
During a small ceremony at the headquarters of the National Choir of Cuba, the First Deputy Minister of Culture, Maria Elena Delgado, delivered the distinction sent by the Cuban head of state, which was followed by other gifts from friends, fans and national institutions.
Attendees also highlighted Guerra’s accomplishments as founding member and professor of the Higher Institute of Arts (ISA). Digna Guerra said; “I’m happy with my 70th years, which I have dedicated to my country, culture, and the Cuban Revolution. And I’ll keep on working until my last breath.”
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The most persecuted people in the world
- Kenyan President visits Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3641
- today: 3327
- online: 132
- total: 4462328