Havana, August 20 (RHC) -- Cuban President Raul Castro sent a recognition to Digna Guerra, head of the National Choir of Cuba, on the occasion of her 70th birthday on August 18th, local media reported today.
During a small ceremony at the headquarters of the National Choir of Cuba, the First Deputy Minister of Culture, Maria Elena Delgado, delivered the distinction sent by the Cuban head of state, which was followed by other gifts from friends, fans and national institutions.
Attendees also highlighted Guerra’s accomplishments as founding member and professor of the Higher Institute of Arts (ISA). Digna Guerra said; “I’m happy with my 70th years, which I have dedicated to my country, culture, and the Cuban Revolution. And I’ll keep on working until my last breath.”
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3914
- today: 1341
- online: 167
- total: 4105451