Havana, August 20 (RHC) -- Cuban President Raul Castro sent a recognition to Digna Guerra, head of the National Choir of Cuba, on the occasion of her 70th birthday on August 18th, local media reported today.
During a small ceremony at the headquarters of the National Choir of Cuba, the First Deputy Minister of Culture, Maria Elena Delgado, delivered the distinction sent by the Cuban head of state, which was followed by other gifts from friends, fans and national institutions.
Attendees also highlighted Guerra’s accomplishments as founding member and professor of the Higher Institute of Arts (ISA). Digna Guerra said; “I’m happy with my 70th years, which I have dedicated to my country, culture, and the Cuban Revolution. And I’ll keep on working until my last breath.”
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4211
- today: 2194
- online: 197
- total: 3855018