Havana, August 28 (RHC)-- Cuba will take part at the Fourth World Conference of Parliament Presidents, called by the Inter-parliamentary Union at the United Nations in New York, from August 31st to September 2nd. The meeting will focus on the role of parliamentary bodies in the implementation of new sustainable development goals. The Cuban delegation will be headed by the Vice President of the Cuban Parliament Ana Maria Mary and will include another four lawmakers. Speaking to reporters in Havana, the chairwoman of the Parliament's International Affairs Commission, Yolanda Ferrer, said that a general debate will take place at the conference in New York, with the objective of putting democracy at the service of peace and building on sustainable development. The Conference includes the parliaments of Latin American and Caribbean countries, plus Canada and the United States.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4211
- today: 2793
- online: 210
- total: 3855617