Damascus, August 31 (RHC)-- The Syria-Cuba Friendship Association of the Regional Leadership of al-Baath Arab Socialist Party organized on Sunday a celebration on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
The Head of the Association, Dr. Abdul-Nasser Shafie, highlighted the depth of the historical ties binding Syria and Cuba, that, he said, are based on mutual respect and the common struggle against imperialism.
He hailed the recent achievements of the Cuban Revolution, having forced the U.S. and the West to recognize Cuba, after their failure to make it bow to pressure.
For his part, Assistant Foreign and Expatriates Minister Ayman Sousan said the relationship between Cuba and Syria embodies the most prominent manifestations of the concepts of national liberty and sovereignty.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3797
- today: 3250
- online: 124
- total: 4377372