Damascus, August 31 (RHC)-- The Syria-Cuba Friendship Association of the Regional Leadership of al-Baath Arab Socialist Party organized on Sunday a celebration on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
The Head of the Association, Dr. Abdul-Nasser Shafie, highlighted the depth of the historical ties binding Syria and Cuba, that, he said, are based on mutual respect and the common struggle against imperialism.
He hailed the recent achievements of the Cuban Revolution, having forced the U.S. and the West to recognize Cuba, after their failure to make it bow to pressure.
For his part, Assistant Foreign and Expatriates Minister Ayman Sousan said the relationship between Cuba and Syria embodies the most prominent manifestations of the concepts of national liberty and sovereignty.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3919
- today: 2178
- online: 143
- total: 4836831