Havana, November 26 (RHC)-- Former United States Attorney General, Ramsey Clark says his country should never have occupied Cuban territory and that it must immediately return the U.S. Naval Base it occupies in Guantanamo Bay, in eastern Cuba.
In a presentation on Cuban television, Ramsey Clark said it is shameful and unacceptable that the United States tortures prisoners at its Guantanamo military installations, set up a century ago in occupied Cuban territory.
Clark, who paid a private visit to Cuba, said that Washington is leaving a wide trail of attacks on several nations in the world, like Iraq and Libya, and threats to some others, such as Syria.
The interventions of the United States in other countries are increasingly violent, and it appears that Washington has a great need to militarize the world.
Ramsey Clark was one of the world personalities invited to attend the Ninth International Discussion for the Liberation of The Five and against terrorism, held in the eastern Cuban city of Holguin.
At a ceremony during the meeting, Clark was decorated with the Order of Solidarity, by decision of the Council of State of the Republic of Cuba.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4099
- today: 793
- online: 88
- total: 4486645