Havana, November 26 (RHC)-- Former United States Attorney General, Ramsey Clark says his country should never have occupied Cuban territory and that it must immediately return the U.S. Naval Base it occupies in Guantanamo Bay, in eastern Cuba.
In a presentation on Cuban television, Ramsey Clark said it is shameful and unacceptable that the United States tortures prisoners at its Guantanamo military installations, set up a century ago in occupied Cuban territory.
Clark, who paid a private visit to Cuba, said that Washington is leaving a wide trail of attacks on several nations in the world, like Iraq and Libya, and threats to some others, such as Syria.
The interventions of the United States in other countries are increasingly violent, and it appears that Washington has a great need to militarize the world.
Ramsey Clark was one of the world personalities invited to attend the Ninth International Discussion for the Liberation of The Five and against terrorism, held in the eastern Cuban city of Holguin.
At a ceremony during the meeting, Clark was decorated with the Order of Solidarity, by decision of the Council of State of the Republic of Cuba.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4714
- today: 3477
- online: 136
- total: 6742424