Havana, September 4 (RHC)-- Cuban students from different academic institutions are celebrating today the 70th anniversary of the entry of the historic leader of the Revolution, Fidel Castro, to the University of Havana.
Speaking to reporters in Havana, the president of the University Students Federation, Yennifer Bello Martínez, said that activities have been prepared in academic centers across the island to celebrate the historic date and honor Fidel Castro.
On Friday, university students in Havana marched from the Fragua Martiana to the Escalinata, or university steps. The University of Havana is the oldest superior education center in the country and where the main activities will take place.
Fidel Castro registered as a student at the University of Havana on September 4, 1945 – 70 years ago today.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4302
- today: 4804
- online: 159
- total: 6752185