Havana, September 9 (RHC)-- Historians from different countries the world over are debating here in Havana the significance of the “Jamaica Letter,” written 200 years ago by Venezuelan Independence Hero, the Liberator Simón Bolívar.
Participants in the International Colloquium, sponsored by the Association of Latin American and Caribbean Historians, are debating the validity today of the contents of the letter, in which Bolivar set forth his ideals of independence, sovereignty and unity among all regional countries and peoples, and also warned against obstacles and difficulties to achieve those goals.
- Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez Confirms Cuba's Solidarity with Venezuela
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Norwegians Tell Mr. Trump: "No, Thanks!"
- RHC's Segment 'Focus on Africa'
- Candidates for National and Provincial Assemblies Nominated in Cuba
- Cuba and the U.S. Exchange on Combat against Illicit Drug Trafficking
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4612
- today: 337
- online: 103
- total: 4246238