Havana, September 9 (RHC)-- Historians from different countries the world over are debating here in Havana the significance of the “Jamaica Letter,” written 200 years ago by Venezuelan Independence Hero, the Liberator Simón Bolívar.
Participants in the International Colloquium, sponsored by the Association of Latin American and Caribbean Historians, are debating the validity today of the contents of the letter, in which Bolivar set forth his ideals of independence, sovereignty and unity among all regional countries and peoples, and also warned against obstacles and difficulties to achieve those goals.
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: It is our duty to defend Our Americas
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3670
- today: 2247
- online: 112
- total: 4941823