Havana, September 10 (RHC)-- Cuban President Raul Castro received on Thursday his Panamanian counterpart, Juan Carlos Varela, who is on a four-day official visit to Cuba.
In statements to local and foreign media in Havana, Varela said his country looks forward to strengthening bilateral relations with the people and government of Cuba.
The Panamanian head of state expressed his determination to continue with the political dialog for mutual benefit and in a favorable environment for Panama and Cuba, following Cuba's participation in the most recent Summit of the Americas, held in Panama City.
President Varela is being accompanied by a group of business people who, along with Cuban entrepreneurs, will meet on Friday to explore bilateral trade opportunities and mutual economic back-up in key areas, such as the attraction of foreign capital. Panamanian President Varela is expected to address the forum tomorrow.
- RHC's national and international news stories August 24
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 24
- RHC's national and international news stories August 23
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 23
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 23
- RHC's national and international news stories August 22
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3070
- today: 604
- online: 87
- total: 6285882