Havana, November 27 (RHC)-- Cuban students and young people will take to the streets today to render tribute to the Martyrs of November 27th, and reaffirm their commitment to the Cuban Revolution and socialism.
People will march from the University of Havana to La Punta esplanade, where 142 years ago, eight medical students were executed by the Spanish colonial regime, which ruled the island at that time.
Dedicated to the 55th anniversary of the Revolution, the 91st anniversary of the Federation of University Students, FEU, and the 18th World Festival of Youth and Students Ecuador 2013, the demonstration will gather thousands of students from high schools and the University of Havana.
The ceremony will remember the Martyrs of November 27th -- Carlos Verdugo, Anacleto Bermúdez, Alonso Álvarez, Carlos de la Torre, Ángel Laborde, José de Marcos Medina, Pascual Rodríguez and Eladio González.
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4242
- today: 1338
- online: 180
- total: 4084061