Geneva, September 15 (RHC)-- Cuba has denounced in Geneva that the politicization, double standard and selectivity should not continue permeating the efforts and work of the UN Human Rights Council, which could only lead to failure in human rights promotion and protection.
Addressing the general debate with the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, Cuba's permanent representative in Geneva Anayansi Rodríguez affirmed that guaranteeing the sovereignty and the territorial integrity of states, respect for the self-determination of the peoples and finding diplomatic solutions to conflicts should all be the top priority of the UN body.
The Cuban diplomat also reflected on the role that the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) should play in the protection of the human rights of the hundreds of thousands of immigrants, who are right now risking their lives traveling across the Mediterranean Sea or Southeast Europe to arrive in Europe and apply for asylum.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 17
- President Diaz-Canel: Trump Administration blames others for its flaws in foreign policy
- Artists attending 35th edition of Jazz Plaza come from around the world
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Visit Cuba
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #58
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 10693
- today: 1968
- online: 167
- total: 7000437