Havana, September 20 (RHC)-- Cuban President Raúl Castro attended Mass by visiting Pope Francis Sunday morning in Havana's Revolution Square.
Prior to officiating Mass in the Cuban capital -- the first of three scheduled Masses by the Pope during his stay in Cuba until September 22nd -- Pope Francis waved to the people from his Pope-mobile as he arrived at the iconic Plaza de la Revolucion.
Also on hand at the Mass were visiting Argentinean President Cristina Fernández and the First Lady of Panama, Lorena Castillo, as well as members of diplomatic corps accredited in Havana, representatives from all religious denominations in Cuba and the Cuban Council of Churches, and other Cuban government and Communist Party officials.
Nearly 1,000 Cuban and foreign journalists are covering the Pope's visit to Cuba -- the third by a Bishop of Rome in less than 20 years.
- Diaz Canel: No imperialist policy will deter Cuba
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: Unity is our Revolution's most formidable and powerful strength
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Four Bronze medals for Cuba in Judo Grand Prix
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Cuban Parliament meets in full for 3rd Ordinary session of 9th Legislature
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3811
- today: 3664
- online: 124
- total: 6140992