Havana, November 28 (RHC).-- Sixteen hundred blind or visually impaired persons in Cuba have actively rejoined society after treatment at the National Rehabilitation Center in Havana.
This is one of the several successes achieved over the past year under the sponsorship of Ophthalmologist Jose Blanch and chairman, said the the National Association of the Blind, which opened its Seventh Congress in Havana this Wednesday, also accepted last year blind or visually impaired persons from abroad.
The Association dispenses on-location assistance to the blind in their homes, and four thousand people have already enjoyed this support.
Blind Cubans are among University graduates in such fields as Psychology, Law and Physical Rehabilitation.
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4823
- today: 299
- online: 227
- total: 3834269