Pinar del Rio, September 23 (RHC)-- The outstanding natural scenes of the Viñales Valley, in the western Cuban province of Pinar del Rio, is the green zone picked by 160 tour-operators, travel agents and journalists taking part of the 10th International Nature Tourism Event, Turnat-2015.
Viñales, a National Park, shows the intermingling of deeply rooted Cuban traditions of local farmers and the unique beauty of its ancient hillocks, all together with the green tobacco-leaf plantations and the local wildlife and vegetation.
There are two main locations for the event in Pinar del Rio: the Las Terrazas community project, which promotes the development of sustainable recreational activities and the Soroa Tourist Park. The two zones are major proposals for the development of nature tourism.
The event's program includes excursions into local forests in order to take participants close to nature without disregarding well-known activities such as scuba-diving and sports fishing in area cities.
In all, Turnat-2015 aims at showing the tourist potential of this Caribbean archipelago to boost all activities related to nature tourism.
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4242
- today: 2431
- online: 207
- total: 4085154