Panama City, September 25 (RHC)-- Cuban Tourism official Pablo Vazquez said in Panama that given the tourist boom witnessed by Cuba, marked by a 17 percent growth, the island is approaching three million foreign vacationers.
The Cuban official, who is the representative for Venezuela and Central America, made his statements during the opening of Panama's Tourism Fair, and he added that over 10,000 Panamanians have traveled to Cuba this year.
Cuban authorities are currently building new tourist facilities, marinas and other resorts on the keys to the north of central Villa Clara province and in eastern Holguin province, said Vazquez.
This construction program is joined by more than 11,000 private homes offering accommodations in coordination with the Ministry of Tourism, plus another 53 business projects included in the island's tourist investment portfolio.
Panama's Tourism Fair, which was attended by tour-operators, travel agents and journalists, was the appropriate scenario for Cuba to promote what is known as Event Tourism, a modality included in the island's promotional strategy.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 26, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 26 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 25 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 25, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 24 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 23 , 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6548
- today: 2981
- online: 404
- total: 8029839