Quito, September 29 (RHC)-- The five Cuban anti-terrorist fighters who were unjustly imprisoned in the United States and Colonel Orlando Cardoso, who was suffered 11 years in a Somali prison, are being honored today in the Ecuadorean parliament.
The Cuban heroes have been visiting Ecuador since their arrival last Friday, at the invitation of Ecuadorean President Rafael Correa.
In Quito, the president of the National Assembly of Ecuador, Gabriela Rivadeneira, during a ceremony at the congress, gave recognition to Gerardo Hernandez, Antonio Guerrero, Rene Gonzalez, Ramon Labañino and Fernando Gonzalez, and Colonel Cardoso for their example of justice and perseverance for the world.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3453
- today: 777
- online: 99
- total: 4947074