Paris, September 30 (RHC)-- Cuba is taking part at Paris' Top Resa Tourist Fair to exchange with tour-operators about the island's offer for the upcoming winter season.
Tourism official at the Cuban embassy in France, Rosa Adela Mejias told reporters in Paris that they are making big efforts to spread information on the local tourist attractions and meet with professionals at the Cuban stands.
“We have significant participation here by entities and hotel groups to show our products and services, since France continues to be a prioritized market for Cuba,” said the official.
For Cuba, tourism is a major economic field as an ambitious program is underway on the island, which includes the construction of new hotels of high standard.
France in particular is a main source of visitors to Cuba. By late July, the arrival of French vacationers reached 30.1 percent over the previous year, according to the Cuban Tourism Ministry.
Paris' Top Resa Fair is being attended by representatives of the tourist sector from 160 countries of the world.
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Cuba presents business opportunities in oil and energy sector
- Fidel: The Caribbean is an example of how peoples and governments can work together united by culture, history and common interests
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Ireland, a stone in the brexit shoe
- Havana hosts conference on climate change vulnerability and resilience in the Caribbean
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3430
- today: 1151
- online: 122
- total: 5422127