Havana, November 30 (RHC) Constant rains affecting Havana over the past 40 hours have caused the death of two citizens after their homes collapsed in the highly-populated Havana municipality of Centro Habana.
Intense and heavy showers have been affecting the Cuban capital since Friday morning as a consequence of a nearly stationary cold front that expands over the northern cost of central Cuba, according to the National Meteorology Institute.
The weather phenomena has generated intense rains from western Artemisa province to central-eastern Ciego de Avila, with accumulates of up to 23 millimeters in some areas of western Cuba. The Institute alerts that current weather conditions will keep affecting the island over the next hours.
Authorities in Havana and in other affected territories are currently taking measures to protect the people and property.
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4070
- today: 1756
- online: 143
- total: 4933529