Havana, October 6 (RHC)-- Cubans are today paying homage to the victims of the mid-air sabotage bombing of Cubana airlines Flight 455 off the coast of Barbados, on October 6th, 1976.
Once again the Cuban people condemn the terrorist action, and demand justice for the terrorism victims, who lost their lives in the horrendous attack.
As is already a tradition, Havana residents made a pilgrimage to the Cristóbal Colón Cemetery, where the remains of many of the victims of the Barbados sabotage bombing are interred.
On October 6th, 1976, CIA agents, Venezuelans Hernán Ricardo and Freddy Lugo, placed the bomb inside the Cuban civilian plane, on the expressed orders of notorious international terrorists of Cuban origin Orlando Bosch and Luis Posada Carriles. Today, 39 years after the Barbados crime, Posada Carriles still walks the streets of Miami a free man.
Carriles, a self-confessed terrorist, is also accused of a series of sabotage bombings against tourist facilities in Havana in 1997, which claimed the life of an Italian tourist.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3618
- today: 1259
- online: 184
- total: 4108987