Havana, October 8 (RHC)-- Ricardo Cabrisas, Vice President of the Council of Ministers, received U.S. Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker at the end of her working visit to Cuba.
During the meeting, held on Wednesday afternoon, they exchanged views on Cuba's foreign economic affairs, its participation in integration mechanisms in the region, and the business and investment opportunities that would exist on the island for U.S. businesses if the blockade is lifted.
Accompanying the secretary was the charge d'affaires of the U.S. Embassy to Havana, Jeffrey DeLaurentis, and senior officials of the Departments of Commerce, the Treasury and State.
Cuba was also represented at the meeting by Josefina Vidal, Director General of the U.S. Office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs; Marilu B'Hamel, director of North American Trade Policy of the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Investment, and other Foreign Ministry officials.
During her stay in Cuba, Penny Pritzker visited the Special Development Zone and the port of Mariel, among other places of economic, historic and cultural interest.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4211
- today: 2197
- online: 190
- total: 3855021