Santa Cruz, October 8 (RHC)-- Six Cuban heroes -- the Cuban Five, along with Orlando Cardoso Villavicencio -- paid homage to Comandante Ernesto Che Guevara on the 48th anniversary of his assassination in La Higuera, Bolivia.
The Five -- René González, Gerardo Hernández, Ramón Labañino, Fernando González and Antonio Guerrero -- and Cardoso Villavicencio, who suffered nearly 11 years in prison in Somalia, met with Bolivian President Evo Morales for the special tribute on Thursday.
Last night, the six Cuban heroes, currently visiting Bolivia, were praised by the Minister of Defense, Reymi Ferreira, at the Gabriel René Moreno University in eastern Bolivia.
Ferreira pointed to the legacy of the Cuban heroes, saying that theirs is an example for the present and future generations of young Bolivians and others around the world.
At the ceremony held at the university on Wednesday, Senator Adriana Salvatierra thanked the Cuban heroes for their moral strength and revolutionary convictions that allowed them to withstand the psychological tortures to which they were submitted.
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Donald Trump's Controversial Fiscal Reform
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4477
- today: 2622
- online: 184
- total: 4089822