La Higuera, October 9 (RHC)-- Six Cuban Heroes -- the Cuban Five and Colonel Orlando Cardoso, who suffered nearly 11 years in Somalia –- visited the community of La Higuera in Bolivia to pay tribute to Commander Ernesto Che Guevara on the 48th anniversary of his assassination.
Rene Gonzalez, Gerardo Hernandez, Ramon Labañino, Antonio Guerrero, Fernando González and the Cuban colonel joined with Bolivian President Evo Morales to visit a school named after Ernesto Che Guevara, located in Vallegrande, Bolivia's Santa Cruz Department, where the remains of the Heroic Guerrilla were hidden for 30 years.
Since they began their visit to Bolivia, which ends tomorrow, Saturday, the Cuban Five and Colonel Orlando Cardoso have met with members of the Plurinational Legislative Assembly, students from the José Martí School, and Cuban volunteers working in the South American country.
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Cubans living abroad will have a say in writing Constitution
- Manuel Zelaya: We are here to defend regional peoples, their conquests and their rights
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3625
- today: 705
- online: 124
- total: 5030976