Havana, October 9 (RHC)-- Cuba and Algeria have signed various cooperation accords, which provide for strengthened cooperation in the area of water resources, particularly the sharing of research and technical expertise, professional training, the setting up of joint economic associations.
A memorandum of understanding was signed between the President of Cuba's Water Resources Institute Inés Chapman and visiting Algerian Minister for Water Resources and the Environment Abdelouajab Nouri.
In the memorandum, both parties express their willingness to work together toward achieving sustainable water resources management and finding common mechanisms and strategies to prevent the occurrence of flash floods in urban areas and mitigate their impact.
Another accord, signed between the Cuban company Cubahidráulica and the Algerian National Agency for Dams, allows for sending teams of Cuban experts to the African country to assist their Algerian counterparts on issues related to water resources, river and environmental cleanups.
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Donald Trump's Controversial Fiscal Reform
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4477
- today: 2945
- online: 224
- total: 4090145