Havana, November 30 (RHC) Constant rains affecting Havana over the past 40 hours have caused the death of two citizens after their home collapsed in the highly-populated Havana municipality of Centro Habana.
Intense and heavy showers have been affecting the Cuban capital since Friday morning as a consequence of a nearly stationary cold front that expands over the northern cost of central Cuba, according to the National Meteorology Institute.
The weather phenomena has generated intense rains from western Artemisa province to central-eastern Ciego de Avila, with accumulates of up to 23 millimeters in some areas of western Cuba. The Institute alerts that current weather conditions will keep affecting the island over the next hours.
Authorities in Havana and in other affected territories are currently taking measures to protect the people and property.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2961
- today: 1248
- online: 118
- total: 5048547