Havana, October 19 (RHC)-- Mexican Foreign Minister Claudia Ruiz Massieu is paying a working visit to Cuba on Monday.
According to the Cuban Foreign Ministry, the Mexican government official is scheduled to hold talks with her Cuban counterpart, Bruno Rodriguez.
Cuba and Mexico established diplomatic relations on May 20, 1902. Mexico is Cuba's sixth major commercial partner, as bilateral trade increased to more than 328 million dollars by late August this year.
Bilateral cooperation between Mexico and Cuba over the years has allowed the graduation here of 1,295 Mexicans professionals, including 1,065 in medicine.
Mexico has permanently supported Cuba's struggle for the lifting of the over-50-year U.S. economic, commercial and financial blockade maintained by Washington against the island.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 28
- Yusuam Palacios: we must continue learning from José Martí to confront and overcome the problems humanity faces today
- RHC's program 'Connecting the dots'
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #62
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 27
- 75th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz: Ksenia Olkhova, a survivor of the Nazis concentration camp, shares her story
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 11930
- today: 4995
- online: 235
- total: 7121276