Havana, October 19 (RHC)-- The International Symposium Secured and Clean Seas got underway Monday at Havana's Meliá Cohiba Hotel with the participation of more than one hundred experts, academics, business executives and representatives, government agencies, ministries, universities and research centers from 13 countries.
According to Monday's edition of Granma newspaper, Master in Sciences Manuela Durán Rodríguez, head of the Communications Management group of the Cuba-Petróleo Union (Cupet), said participants will discuss issues regarding the regulations and technologies for the prevention and response to oil spills, focusing operations in the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean Sea.
The event, which runs thorugh tomorrow, Tuesday, will also include lectures, presentations and forums on petroleum technologies, legislation, environment protection, human resources' training and procedures for the relief and struggle against disaster related to oil activities.
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4242
- today: 2079
- online: 209
- total: 4084802