Havana, October 27 (RHC)-- Vietnam's Deputy Defense Minister Do Ba Ty kicked off an official visit to Cuba on Monday, whose first activity was a homage to Independence Hero Antonio Maceo at his Mausoleum, west of the Cuban capital.
The visitor was welcomed by the First Deputy Minister of the Cuban Revolutionary Armed Forces, Army Corps General Alvaro Lopez Miera, who briefed him on the life of Antonio Maceo and his struggle for Cuban independence from Spanish colonial rule.
According to Cuban television, the top Vietnamese military officer will meet with high-ranking Cuban military officials and will discuss bilateral relations.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 4294
- online: 167
- total: 6627185