Havana, November 10 (RHC)-- Beginning in December, Cuba could experience changes in its climate, associated with the El Niño weather phenomenon, also known as El Niño Southern Oscillation.
An article in today's edition of Granma newspaper warns that those effects could well worsen as of January 2016, based on weather forecasts for the November-April period released by the Cuban meteorology institute.
According to the latest predictions, El Niño will cause rainfall rates well above average levels in all three Cuban regions.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2955
- today: 3652
- online: 100
- total: 4830438