Havana, November 10 (RHC)-- Beginning in December, Cuba could experience changes in its climate, associated with the El Niño weather phenomenon, also known as El Niño Southern Oscillation.
An article in today's edition of Granma newspaper warns that those effects could well worsen as of January 2016, based on weather forecasts for the November-April period released by the Cuban meteorology institute.
According to the latest predictions, El Niño will cause rainfall rates well above average levels in all three Cuban regions.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3864
- today: 1896
- online: 90
- total: 4379882