Havana, November 13 (RHC)-- U.S. Agriculture Secretary Thomas Vilsack expressed in Havana his hope to establish a positive working relationship with Cuban authorities in the sector.
During a meeting Thursday with Cuban Agriculture Minister Gustavo Rodríguez, Vilsack referred to the opportunities now offered to work together in such fields as urban agriculture and the fight against plagues and other diseases that affect crops.
Cuban Minister Rodríguez invited his visiting U.S. counterpart to tour several agricultural cooperatives in Havana and talk one-on-one with area farmers.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4037
- today: 4426
- online: 169
- total: 3861287