Havana, November 13 (RHC)-- U.S. Agriculture Secretary Thomas Vilsack expressed in Havana his hope to establish a positive working relationship with Cuban authorities in the sector.
During a meeting Thursday with Cuban Agriculture Minister Gustavo Rodríguez, Vilsack referred to the opportunities now offered to work together in such fields as urban agriculture and the fight against plagues and other diseases that affect crops.
Cuban Minister Rodríguez invited his visiting U.S. counterpart to tour several agricultural cooperatives in Havana and talk one-on-one with area farmers.
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4070
- today: 1416
- online: 114
- total: 4933189