Havana, November 18 (RHC)-- The 5th International Congress on Tropical Animal Health and Production began sessions in Havana on Wednesday, aimed at boosting scientific research on the challenges posed by demographic growth, urbanization and climate change to animal production.
The event is being attended by delegates from over 15 countries. At the opening session, delegates paid tribute to late Cuban Doctor María Teresa Planas, the former president of the organizing committee and of the Cuban Animal Production Association.
Addressing the congress, British Doctor Thomas Preston pointed to the need to change the energy matrices of today's world, as a way to preserve human health and guarantee food security. He called to move away from today's heavy dependence on fossil fuels and resort instead to cleaner, renewable energy.
- Cuban president rejects U.S. interference
- Cuban scholar: the Trump administration will fail because they do not understand Cuba's reality
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- In Brazil, weapons may be freely used
- Cuba warns Title III of Helms-Burton would violate international law and trade norms
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3346
- today: 2184
- online: 133
- total: 5553300