Havana, November 18 (RHC)-- The 5th International Congress on Tropical Animal Health and Production began sessions in Havana on Wednesday, aimed at boosting scientific research on the challenges posed by demographic growth, urbanization and climate change to animal production.
The event is being attended by delegates from over 15 countries. At the opening session, delegates paid tribute to late Cuban Doctor María Teresa Planas, the former president of the organizing committee and of the Cuban Animal Production Association.
Addressing the congress, British Doctor Thomas Preston pointed to the need to change the energy matrices of today's world, as a way to preserve human health and guarantee food security. He called to move away from today's heavy dependence on fossil fuels and resort instead to cleaner, renewable energy.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3634
- today: 2428
- online: 128
- total: 5043592