Havana, November 21 (RHC)-- The Second Secretary of Cuba's Communist Party, Jose Ramon Machado Ventura, said that the strengthening of Cuban society needs production results and called on political leaders to demand more of agricultural and government managers.
The party leader addressed participants at the provincial assembly of the political organization in the western province of Matanzas, which focused on food production, the quality of the sugar harvest and tourism.
Other topics on the agenda included education, public health, catering, technical services, and the training of political leaders.
The Matanzas meeting is the ninth provincial party assembly towards the 7th Congress of the Cuban Communist Party, scheduled for April 2016. Another six provinces are still to hold their forums.
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3643
- today: 2410
- online: 120
- total: 6070874