Havana, November 23 (RHC)-- The president of the Red Cross International Committee Peter Maurer is paying a working visit to Cuba on Monday, November 23rd. According to this morning's edition of Granma newspaper, Peter Maurer will meet with high-level Cuban government authorities and will carry out other activities.
Maurer joined the Swiss diplomatic service in 1987 and was appointed head of the Human Security Division at the Political Office for International Affairs of the Swiss Foreign Ministry.
In 2004, the official was appointed State Secretary for Foreign Affairs and took the presidency of the Red Cross International Committee in 2012.
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3010
- today: 1849
- online: 111
- total: 5958465