Havana, November 23 (RHC)-- The president of the Red Cross International Committee Peter Maurer is paying a working visit to Cuba on Monday, November 23rd. According to this morning's edition of Granma newspaper, Peter Maurer will meet with high-level Cuban government authorities and will carry out other activities.
Maurer joined the Swiss diplomatic service in 1987 and was appointed head of the Human Security Division at the Political Office for International Affairs of the Swiss Foreign Ministry.
In 2004, the official was appointed State Secretary for Foreign Affairs and took the presidency of the Red Cross International Committee in 2012.
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 16
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's segment Notes on the Revolution Column #6 Sept. 16
- RHC's program Focus on Africa
- RHC's Arts Roundup Sept. 16
- A plot against the Roman Catholic Pope!
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3495
- today: 2846
- online: 161
- total: 6370908