Havana, November 27 (RHC)-- U.S. actor Danny Glover arrived in Havana on Thursday and was greeted by Cuban Hero Gerardo Hernandez, one of the Cuban Five.
Danny Glover had visited Gerardo on numerous occasions when he was locked up in a maximum security prison in the U.S. state of California. According to Presna Latina news agency, Danny Glover said: "Today is a beautiful day."
On Friday, the star of the U.S. movie "The Color Purple" and many other major films said he would met with Fernando Gonzalez and Ramon Labañino during his visit here to Cuba.
Upon his arrival at Havana's Jose Marti International Airport, Danny Glover told reporters that he saw the Cuban Five as "a bridge to the world of justice and equality that we all want to build." He recalled that recently, while filming scenes for a movie in Spain, he met people who were in solidarity with the cause of the Cuban Revolution.
During one of his many past visits to Havana, Danny Glover received the Tomas Gutierrez Alea International Film Award, presented by the National Union of Writers and Artists of Cuba (UNEAC).
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4441
- today: 4189
- online: 206
- total: 3833336