Havana, December 2 (RHC) -- Director for Higher Education of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan Nabeed Hussain Shah thanked Cuba for its cooperation in the field of health, particularly the training of young Pakistani health professionals, who return home after graduating and offer their services to their people.
During a meeting on Tuesday at the Havana-based University of Medical Sciences, the distinguished visitor expressed what he described as the eternal gratitude of the Pakistani government and people to Cuba, especially to Revolution leader Fidel Castro and President Raúl Castro, for the assistance provided by members of Cuba’s Henry Reeve International Brigade Specialized in Disasters and Emergency Situations. The medical brigade worked in Pakistan in the wake of an earthquake in October that plunged hundreds of Pakistani families into mourning.
The Pakistani official is here in Havana, heading a large delegation made up of government officials and representatives of academic institutions.
During a meeting with Dr. Luis Alberto Pichs, dean of the University of Medical Sciences, Nabeed Hussain voiced his government’s interest in strengthened cooperation with Cuba in the field of medical and scientific research. He proposed to set up joint projects with Pakistan contributing the funds and Cuba providing the expertise of its skilled professionals.
- Ambassador: “Bolivia is the Consecration of Indigenous People's Dream of Liberation, Decolonization”
- Second Stage of General Elections Underway in Cuba
- Israel Throws New Challenge to the International Community
- Cuba Holds President Donald Trump Responsible for Setback in Bilateral Migratory Relations
- Pope Francisco Returns to Latin America
- Cuban and U.S. Representatives Hold Meeting on Cyber-security and the Fight against Cyber-crimes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4812
- today: 3788
- online: 215
- total: 4219882