Havana, December 2 (RHC) -- Director for Higher Education of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan Nabeed Hussain Shah thanked Cuba for its cooperation in the field of health, particularly the training of young Pakistani health professionals, who return home after graduating and offer their services to their people.
During a meeting on Tuesday at the Havana-based University of Medical Sciences, the distinguished visitor expressed what he described as the eternal gratitude of the Pakistani government and people to Cuba, especially to Revolution leader Fidel Castro and President Raúl Castro, for the assistance provided by members of Cuba’s Henry Reeve International Brigade Specialized in Disasters and Emergency Situations. The medical brigade worked in Pakistan in the wake of an earthquake in October that plunged hundreds of Pakistani families into mourning.
The Pakistani official is here in Havana, heading a large delegation made up of government officials and representatives of academic institutions.
During a meeting with Dr. Luis Alberto Pichs, dean of the University of Medical Sciences, Nabeed Hussain voiced his government’s interest in strengthened cooperation with Cuba in the field of medical and scientific research. He proposed to set up joint projects with Pakistan contributing the funds and Cuba providing the expertise of its skilled professionals.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5179
- today: 1131
- online: 127
- total: 6667127