Havana, December 2 (RHC)-- Cubans are today commemorating the 59th anniversary of the historic landing of the Granma expeditionary force on December 2nd, 1956.
Granma is the name of the yacht used to transport 82 revolutionary fighters, headed by young Cuban lawyer Fidel Castro, from Mexico to Cuba in November 1956, to continue the armed struggle for Cuba's full independence.
The date also marks the birth of Cuba's Rebel Army, which fought against the Batista dictatorship on the Sierra Maestra Mountains until the final triumph of the Revolution, which was achieved three years later, on January 1st, 1959.
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: It is our duty to defend Our Americas
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4133
- today: 890
- online: 102
- total: 4936796