Havana, December 5 (RHC) Cuban President Raul Castro sent a message of condolences to South African Head of State Jacob Zuma for the death on Thursday of Nelson Mandela.
In his message, Raul Castro says that with deep sorrow he conveys his heart-felt condolences for the passing away of Nelson Mandela, on behalf of the people and government of Cuba. The Cuban President also extended his sympathies to Mandela’s relatives, the African National Congress and all South Africa.
Mandela will be remembered for his high example, the magnitude of his work and the firmness of his convictions in the struggle against apartheid, and for his invaluable contribution to the construction of a new South Africa, said Raul Castro in his message.
“We profess deep respect and admiration for Mandela, not only for what he did for his people, but also for his true friendship towards our country,” the message reads.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3618
- today: 1901
- online: 227
- total: 4109629