United Nations, December 6 (RHC)--- The Cuban medical brigade fighting cholera in Haiti has done a commendable job, according to the United Nations Health Coordinator in Haiti, Pedro Medrano.
Speaking to reporters, the Chilean diplomat referred to the Cuban efforts to assist its neighboring island affected since October 2010 by a cholera outbreak that followed a devastating earthquake in January of that same year.
The United Nations official said that the Cuban medical brigade, composed of 700 doctors and technicians, has achieved incredible results given, the difficult conditions prevailing in Haiti.
The UN official also praised the International Red Cross and such non-governmental aid groups as Doctors without Borders, that have joined the fight against cholera.
This battle is already showing results, the UN official said. At present, there is a significant reduction in the number of new monthly cholera cases.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 01, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 31, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 31 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 30 , 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6758
- today: 6460
- online: 265
- total: 8071519