Havana, December 6 (RHC)-- Cuban President Raul Castro has sent a message of condolence to South African Head of State Jacob Zuma on the death of Nelson Mandela.
In his message, Raul Castro said that, with deep sorrow, and on behalf of the people and government of Cuba, he was conveying his heart-felt condolences for the passing of Nelson Mandela. The Cuban president extended his sympathy to Mandela’s family, the African National Congress and all of South Africa.
Mandela will be remembered for his example, the magnitude of his work and the firmness of his convictions in the struggle against apartheid. He will be remembered for his invaluable contribution to the construction of a new South Africa.
Raul Castro's message ended: “We profess deep respect and admiration for Mandela. Not only for what he did for his people, but also for his true friendship towards our country.”
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Vladimir Putin will lead Russia through 2024
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3770
- today: 2180
- online: 138
- total: 4471927