Tegucigalpa, December 16 (RHC)-- The National Congress of Honduras has awarded Cuban Revolution Leader Fidel Castro with the 'Gold-plated Cross' (Gran Cruz Extraordinaria con Placa de Oro), in recognition of Cuba's strong solidarity and cooperation with the Central American country.
Cuba's Ambassador in Tegucigalpa Sergio Oliva received the award on behalf of Fidel from congressional President Mauricio Oliva, who described Fidel Castro as an undisputed Latin American leader and a champion of human solidarity.
The distinction, the highest granted by the legislative body, had been previously awarded only to several Honduran presidents and former heads of state and to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4950
- today: 4322
- online: 198
- total: 6665139