Tegucigalpa, December 16 (RHC)-- The National Congress of Honduras has awarded Cuban Revolution Leader Fidel Castro with the 'Gold-plated Cross' (Gran Cruz Extraordinaria con Placa de Oro), in recognition of Cuba's strong solidarity and cooperation with the Central American country.
Cuba's Ambassador in Tegucigalpa Sergio Oliva received the award on behalf of Fidel from congressional President Mauricio Oliva, who described Fidel Castro as an undisputed Latin American leader and a champion of human solidarity.
The distinction, the highest granted by the legislative body, had been previously awarded only to several Honduran presidents and former heads of state and to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon.
- U.S. academic says Washington's wars of aggression lead to more harm than good to the United States itself
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Attorney Mara Verheyden-Hilliard: The U.S. government has sent a message that the Vienna Convention means NOTHING
- José Pertierra: U.S. security force operation at Venezuelan embassy violates international law
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3210
- today: 1298
- online: 128
- total: 5941802