Havana, December 22 (RHC-PL)-- Cuban Education Minister Ena Elsa Velazquez has urged the island's teachers to continue working for a comprehensive and inclusive education that contributes to the full development of new generations.
In a message from the minister to mark the Teacher's Day, Velazquez underlined that the Caribbean nation's system is a paradigm of altruism and at the same time is the transmitter of the highest values that dignify human growth.
"Educators of today and always, within and outside the island, are on the lead embracing the future, with the absolute conviction that the success of our socialism will largely depend on what we are capable of doing. Nothing can contain the pedagogical legacy we defend with loyalty and revolutionary commitment," stated Ena Elsa Velázquez.
In Cuba, every December 22nd is celebrated as Teacher's Day. It marks the anniversary of the declaration on this date in 1961 when Cuba was declared free of illiteracy.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4164
- today: 2117
- online: 148
- total: 4483870