Havana, December 23 (RHC-PL) -- For the sixth consecutive year, Cuba is expected to close 2015 with an infant mortality rate below five per one thousand live births.
A news release from Cuba's health ministry says the results are a direct consequence of the priority the Cuban health system gives to specialized programs like the Mother and Child Program and the mass vaccination and immunization programs, targeting primarily newborns, young children and pregnant women.
The news release notes recalls that Cuban children are immunized against 13 preventable diseases with the administration of 11 vaccines, eight of which are produced in Cuba.
- Ambassador: “Bolivia is the Consecration of Indigenous People's Dream of Liberation, Decolonization”
- Second Stage of General Elections Underway in Cuba
- Israel Throws New Challenge to the International Community
- Cuba Holds President Donald Trump Responsible for Setback in Bilateral Migratory Relations
- Pope Francisco Returns to Latin America
- Cuban and U.S. Representatives Hold Meeting on Cyber-security and the Fight against Cyber-crimes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4472
- today: 1610
- online: 209
- total: 4222176