Havana, December 23 (RHC-PL) -- For the sixth consecutive year, Cuba is expected to close 2015 with an infant mortality rate below five per one thousand live births.
A news release from Cuba's health ministry says the results are a direct consequence of the priority the Cuban health system gives to specialized programs like the Mother and Child Program and the mass vaccination and immunization programs, targeting primarily newborns, young children and pregnant women.
The news release notes recalls that Cuban children are immunized against 13 preventable diseases with the administration of 11 vaccines, eight of which are produced in Cuba.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4037
- today: 159
- online: 159
- total: 3857020