Havana, December 23 (RHC-PL) -- For the sixth consecutive year, Cuba is expected to close 2015 with an infant mortality rate below five per one thousand live births.
A news release from Cuba's health ministry says the results are a direct consequence of the priority the Cuban health system gives to specialized programs like the Mother and Child Program and the mass vaccination and immunization programs, targeting primarily newborns, young children and pregnant women.
The news release notes recalls that Cuban children are immunized against 13 preventable diseases with the administration of 11 vaccines, eight of which are produced in Cuba.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3268
- today: 3334
- online: 106
- total: 4946178