Havana, December 23 (RHC-PL) -- For the sixth consecutive year, Cuba is expected to close 2015 with an infant mortality rate below five per one thousand live births.
A news release from Cuba's health ministry says the results are a direct consequence of the priority the Cuban health system gives to specialized programs like the Mother and Child Program and the mass vaccination and immunization programs, targeting primarily newborns, young children and pregnant women.
The news release notes recalls that Cuban children are immunized against 13 preventable diseases with the administration of 11 vaccines, eight of which are produced in Cuba.
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Havana gears up to host Cuba's main trade event
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migrant caravan moves north towards U.S.-Mexico Border
- Homero Acosta: The Cuban Communist Party must abide by the Constitution and uphold it
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3214
- today: 2722
- online: 111
- total: 5255272