Roseau, January 8 (RHC)-- CARICOM Foreign Affairs Minister, Dominican Senator Francine Barone, met Thursday with Cuban Ambassador in Dominica Juan Carlos Frómeta.
The website of the Cuban embassy in the Dominican capital reports that Senator Francine Barone sent warm greetings to the Cuban government and people on occasion of the 57th anniversary of the Revolution, and wishing them new social, economic and diplomatic achievements in 2016.
During the meeting, the two diplomats reviewed the progress of bilateral health collaboration and evaluated the possibility to expand cooperation to other sectors of common interest.
They also discussed the upcoming 21st Meeting of the Council of Ministers of the Association of Caribbean States (ACS) in Haiti and the 4th Summit of the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC) in Quito, Ecuador.
The Cuban Ambassador reiterated Cuba's willingness to continue expanding bilateral cooperation and contributing effectively in the recovery of Dominica from the damage caused by Tropical Storm Erika.
The CARICOM foreign affairs minister took the opportunity to, on behalf of the Dominican government and people, thank the government and people of Cuba for their solidarity.
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4242
- today: 3052
- online: 226
- total: 4085775