Havana, January 9 (RHC-ACN)-- The latest issue of the digital magazine 'Report Colombia al Dia' highlighted Cuba's tourism growth in 2015, which, between January and November 2015, registered a 17.6% increase compared to the same period in 2014.
The specialized publication highlighted that Cuba welcomed three million 139,764 foreign visitors over those eleven months, with Canada again as the main source of foreign tourists to Cuba, followed by Germany, France, the United Kingdom and Italy, in that order. The Colombian magazine explains that the current tourism boom in Cuba coincides with the new scenario, marked by the re-establishment of diplomatic ties with the United States, from where 147,401 travelers arrived on the island between January and mid-December, 2015.
The Cuban Website Cubasi, for its part, noted that in 2014 the island received over three million foreign tourists, and the sector contributed about 2.7 billion dollars to the country's economy.
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Cubans living abroad will have a say in writing Constitution
- Manuel Zelaya: We are here to defend regional peoples, their conquests and their rights
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3625
- today: 1303
- online: 113
- total: 5031574