Havana, January 9 (RHC-ACN)-- The latest issue of the digital magazine 'Report Colombia al Dia' highlighted Cuba's tourism growth in 2015, which, between January and November 2015, registered a 17.6% increase compared to the same period in 2014.
The specialized publication highlighted that Cuba welcomed three million 139,764 foreign visitors over those eleven months, with Canada again as the main source of foreign tourists to Cuba, followed by Germany, France, the United Kingdom and Italy, in that order. The Colombian magazine explains that the current tourism boom in Cuba coincides with the new scenario, marked by the re-establishment of diplomatic ties with the United States, from where 147,401 travelers arrived on the island between January and mid-December, 2015.
The Cuban Website Cubasi, for its part, noted that in 2014 the island received over three million foreign tourists, and the sector contributed about 2.7 billion dollars to the country's economy.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3797
- today: 917
- online: 79
- total: 4375039