Havana, January 18 (RHC)-- Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez heads the Cuban delegation to the 21st Meeting of the Ministerial Council of the Association of Caribbean States (ACS), which will hold sessions Tuesday in Haiti.
Deputy Director for Latin America and the Caribbean at the Foreign Ministry, Carlos Zamora, said that upon assuming the bloc's rotating presidency on Tuesday, Cuba will continue boosting revitalization of the ACS, calling it a regional mechanism for consultation and cooperation among Caribbean states.
Key activities outlined in the event's agenda include extensive dialogue on the Sustainability of the Caribbean Sea and the outcomes of the 1st Symposium of the Caribbean Sea Commission, which was held in November in Trinidad and Tobago.
The meeting will further consider a proposal submitted by Cuba to host the 7th Summit of Heads of State and Government of the ACS during the first half of 2016.
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4070
- today: 1396
- online: 119
- total: 4933169