Havana, January 18 (RHC)-- Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez heads the Cuban delegation to the 21st Meeting of the Ministerial Council of the Association of Caribbean States (ACS), which will hold sessions Tuesday in Haiti.
Deputy Director for Latin America and the Caribbean at the Foreign Ministry, Carlos Zamora, said that upon assuming the bloc's rotating presidency on Tuesday, Cuba will continue boosting revitalization of the ACS, calling it a regional mechanism for consultation and cooperation among Caribbean states.
Key activities outlined in the event's agenda include extensive dialogue on the Sustainability of the Caribbean Sea and the outcomes of the 1st Symposium of the Caribbean Sea Commission, which was held in November in Trinidad and Tobago.
The meeting will further consider a proposal submitted by Cuba to host the 7th Summit of Heads of State and Government of the ACS during the first half of 2016.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4656
- today: 4244
- online: 208
- total: 3848288