Madrid, January 19 (RHC)-- The Communist Party of Spain has awarded its Dolores Ibárruri Medal to Heroes of the Republic of Cuba, Gerardo Hernández, Ramón Labañino, René González, Fernando Gonzalez and Antonio Guerrero calling them symbols of the dignity and resistance against injustice that have always characterized the Cuban nation and people.
During a solemn ceremony held Monday in Madrid, José Luís Centella, General Secretary of the political organization presented Gerardo Hernández with the high distinction, which he received on behalf of himself and of his other three compatriots.
Fernando Gonzáles was the first member of the Cuban Five group who was granted the distinction by the Spanish Communist Party, during a visit he paid to Spain in September 2014.
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4070
- today: 2853
- online: 128
- total: 4934626