Havana, Sep 3 (RHC) Cuban authorities have received General Solly Zacharia Shoke, the Chief of South Africa's National Defense Force who is on an official visit to the island aimed at strengthening bilateral relations between Pretoria and Havana.
The South African military delegation laid a wreath at the monument of Cuban Independence Hero Antonio Maceo and his aide Panchito Gomez Toro, in the Havana Cacahual Mausoleum.
General Sacharia, recalled the support by the Cuban people of the African Liberation struggle. He said that considered it an honor to visit the island and pay tribute to Cuban heroes,
Alvaro Lopez Miera, the minister of the Cuban Revolutionary Armed Forces, and Chief of the General Staff, told the visitor that December 7, marking the death in action of Antonio Maceo, has been declared Martyrs Day in Cuba.
Today the military delegation from South African is visiting both military units and places of historic, economic and cultural interest before the returning home on Friday.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3791
- today: 3676
- online: 94
- total: 4842120