Havana, Sep 3 (RHC) Cuban authorities have received General Solly Zacharia Shoke, the Chief of South Africa's National Defense Force who is on an official visit to the island aimed at strengthening bilateral relations between Pretoria and Havana.
The South African military delegation laid a wreath at the monument of Cuban Independence Hero Antonio Maceo and his aide Panchito Gomez Toro, in the Havana Cacahual Mausoleum.
General Sacharia, recalled the support by the Cuban people of the African Liberation struggle. He said that considered it an honor to visit the island and pay tribute to Cuban heroes,
Alvaro Lopez Miera, the minister of the Cuban Revolutionary Armed Forces, and Chief of the General Staff, told the visitor that December 7, marking the death in action of Antonio Maceo, has been declared Martyrs Day in Cuba.
Today the military delegation from South African is visiting both military units and places of historic, economic and cultural interest before the returning home on Friday.
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4242
- today: 2734
- online: 229
- total: 4085457