Pope Francis and Patriarch Kiril
Havana, February 11 (RHC)-- The head of the Russian Orthodox Church arrives in Cuba on Thursday for a pastoral visit.
In a conversation with Cuba's Ambassador to Moscow Emilio Lozada Garcia, Patriarch Kirill said: ‘I always visit Cuba with a special feeling because so much is linked with it in the history of our people. From my heart, I wish prosperity to your remarkable country’.”
The Cuban diplomat noted that His Holiness the Patriarch was always a welcome guest in Cuba and wished him a fruitful trip.
Cuba will be the first country to be visited by Patriarch Kirill during his visit to Latin America. He will also visit Paraguay and Brazil.
While in Havana, His Holiness will meet with President Raul Castro and will celebrate the Divine Liturgy at the church of Our Lady of Kazan.
On February 12th, Patriarch Kirill will meet with Pope Francis of Rome, who will make a brief stopover in Havana en route to Mexico.
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Widespread International Rejection of Donald Trump's Decision on Jerusalem
- ALBA-TCP General Secretary Highlights in Havana Importance of Unity among Latin American Peoples
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part III)
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part II)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4363
- today: 3783
- online: 253
- total: 4095346