Havana, February 15 (RHC)-- The 10th International Conference 'University 2016' was inaugurated on Monday at Havana's Karl Marx Theatre with a keynote lecture by Cuban Higher Education Minister Rodolfo Alarcón Ortiz.
Sponsored by the Cuban Ministry of Higher Education (MES) and a number of other educational institutions, the event runs through Thursday February 19th, with the participation of some 630 Cuban and 2,200 foreign delegates from more than 60 countries.
This year's conference will pay homage to Cuban Revolution leader Fidel Castro on occasion of his 90th birthday. In that sense there will be a panel discussion entitled, “Fidel Castro and the development of the Innovative University,” in which Cuban and foreign delegates will debate Fidel's contribution to college and university education in Cuba and in other countries around the world.
- Jorge Arreaza: Cuba and Venezuela are sister nations and we are on the right side of history
- Vietnamese deputy prime minister and foreign minister concludes official visit
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- U.S. academic says Washington's wars of aggression lead to more harm than good to the United States itself
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3262
- today: 2153
- online: 142
- total: 5945919