Havana, February 15 (RHC)-- The 10th International Conference 'University 2016' was inaugurated on Monday at Havana's Karl Marx Theatre with a keynote lecture by Cuban Higher Education Minister Rodolfo Alarcón Ortiz.
Sponsored by the Cuban Ministry of Higher Education (MES) and a number of other educational institutions, the event runs through Thursday February 19th, with the participation of some 630 Cuban and 2,200 foreign delegates from more than 60 countries.
This year's conference will pay homage to Cuban Revolution leader Fidel Castro on occasion of his 90th birthday. In that sense there will be a panel discussion entitled, “Fidel Castro and the development of the Innovative University,” in which Cuban and foreign delegates will debate Fidel's contribution to college and university education in Cuba and in other countries around the world.
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Cuba presents business opportunities in oil and energy sector
- Fidel: The Caribbean is an example of how peoples and governments can work together united by culture, history and common interests
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Ireland, a stone in the brexit shoe
- Havana hosts conference on climate change vulnerability and resilience in the Caribbean
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2823
- today: 2937
- online: 135
- total: 5416997