Havana, February 15 (RHC)-- The 10th International Conference 'University 2016' was inaugurated on Monday at Havana's Karl Marx Theatre with a keynote lecture by Cuban Higher Education Minister Rodolfo Alarcón Ortiz.
Sponsored by the Cuban Ministry of Higher Education (MES) and a number of other educational institutions, the event runs through Thursday February 19th, with the participation of some 630 Cuban and 2,200 foreign delegates from more than 60 countries.
This year's conference will pay homage to Cuban Revolution leader Fidel Castro on occasion of his 90th birthday. In that sense there will be a panel discussion entitled, “Fidel Castro and the development of the Innovative University,” in which Cuban and foreign delegates will debate Fidel's contribution to college and university education in Cuba and in other countries around the world.
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3909
- today: 2812
- online: 139
- total: 4480401