Moscow, February 22 (RHC)-- The leader of the Russian Orthodox Church, Patriarch Kirill, has described Fidel Castro as a great thinker.
In statements to RIA Novosti news agency, the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia said: 'Fidel is a great thinker. He is original, a true political leader, who does not care about what people in North America or anywhere else in the world may think of him. He is also very strong.'
Patriarch Kirill was sharing his impressions on his little over one-hour meeting last week here in Havana with the historical leader of the Cuban revolution.
During the exchange, this past February 14th, the leader of the Russian Orthodox Church and Fidel discussed several international and bilateral issues.
- Jorge Arreaza: Cuba and Venezuela are sister nations and we are on the right side of history
- Vietnamese deputy prime minister and foreign minister concludes official visit
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- U.S. academic says Washington's wars of aggression lead to more harm than good to the United States itself
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3262
- today: 293
- online: 122
- total: 5944059