Sydney, February 23 (RHC)-- Australian mining and agricultural companies will join the country's first official trade mission to Cuba, which leaves for Havana on Wednesday.
In 2015, Australia-Cuba trade totaled only $14.1 million Australian dollars (some $10.20 million U.S. dollars), representing less than 1 percent of Australia's total trade.
Special Trade Envoy Andrew Robb said in a statement: "Several countries are looking at Cuba in order to leverage new opportunities." He referred specifically to opportunities in Cuba's tourism and health sectors.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4241
- today: 1335
- online: 188
- total: 4101531